Traffic & Transportation is the lifeline of city metabolism. The DDA is responsible for the overall planning and strategies of traffic and transport in the city along with other concerned agencies such as Public Works Department (PWD), Delhi Municipal Corporation (MCD), New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC), Transport dept., GNCTD, Ministry of surface transport (MOST), DMRC, NHAI etc.
- To develop and strengthen a reliable, efficient and attractive multi modal public transport system for Delhi to minimize gap between demand and supply by capacity increase of urban transport.
- To revitalize the movement in the old city.
- To generate conditions for safe usage of bicycles.
- To establish safe pedestrian movement.
- To encourage innovative techniques, management etc to resolve transport problems of the city by adopting environmentally and economically acceptable approach.
- To reorganize and restructure transportation fabric in light of the option and choice.
- Synergy between landuse, transport and urban economy to conserve urban transport through balanced development and strategies.